About the Naturally Inspired Computation
Our group tackles complex challenging problems inspired by nature including biological systems and their social and physical behaviours.
These computational intelligent systems in general, and Evolutionary Algorithms, in particular, draw upon Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and mimic, in an abstract sense, evolution.
Our theoretical studies complemented by empirical results are frequently used as a basis to tackle different and challenging real-world problems from Software Engineering, Board and Video Games, automatic design of deep neural networks as well as applications to combinatorial optimisation problems.
Senior Staff Members
- Dr. Liadh Kelly
- F. Valdez (Ph.D. Student, Supervisor: Dr. E. Galvan)
- F. Stapleton (Ph.D. Student, Supervisor: Dr. E. Galvan)
- H. Harish (Ph.D. Student, Supervisors: E. Galvan, Dr. P. Mooney)
- P. Dutta (Ph.D. Student, Supervisors: Dr. E. Galvan, Prof. J. McDonald)
- G. Simpson (MSc Student, Supervisor: Dr. E. Galvan)
- Ms. Oxana Gorshkova (MSc student, Supervisor: Dr. E. Galvan)
- Dr. E. Real (Senior Researcher, Google Brain)
- Prof. J. McDonald (Head of the Computer Vision Group, Maynooth University)
- Prof. V. Torra (Chair of AI, Umeå University)
- Prof. M. Schoenauer (Senior Researcher, INRIA, Paris-Saclay)
- Prof. S. Clarke (Director, Future Cities, Trinity College Dublin)
- Dr. C. Patsakis (Researcher, University of Piraeus)
- Dr. L. Trujillo (Researcher, Instituto de Tijuana)